Advanced Rolf Practitioner
Ian Edwards has used Rolf Therapy to provide pain relief to many clients throughout Scotland.
The founder of this work, Dr Ida P. Rolf originally named her work Structural Integration.Her work has been nicknamed “Rolfing” and this term is widely used in the media with reference to her work of Structural Integration. It is also known as ”The Rolf Method of Structural Integration”.
Watch our video to get a better understanding.
The Guild for Structural Integration has always instructed their students in the way Dr Ida P. Rolf would have expected. This is a form of hands on body work that assists the human body in moving to a place of better balance, better organisation, greater overall freedom, ease of movement, less stress and wholeness.
Structural Integration is a scientifically validated process of restructuring the body through movement, touch, and education. The field of gravity is an unseen force that is consistently interacting with the human body — Structural Integration (also known as Rolfing) aims to re-educate the human body so that it lives and moves in harmony within the field of gravity rather than being at war with gravity.
- Increased Breathing Capacity
- Improved athletic performance
- Less risk of sports injury
- Chronic aches and pains are reduced and often alleviated.
- Movement feels more fluid and flexible.
- Better posture
- More Energy
- Increased height has been obtained as rotations in the body begin to unwind.
- People often appear taller and slimmer.
- As we begin to view the world from a more stable and balanced structure, a new self confidence is found and the environment appears less threatening.
- As our body becomes more flexible and open, so does our mind — we approach life from a less rigid standpoint.
- Often people feel lighter and more energetic.
- Greater self confidence.
- Less stress.
Excellent Pain Relief For….
- Scar tissue adhesions
- Tight muscles
- Frozen Shoulder
- Sports Injuries
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- General stiffness
- RSI Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Headache Migraine
- Shin splints